LaceyMay’s Haberdashery is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
By using this site or/and purchasing products online, you consent to the Processing of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about the cookies we use
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Selina Dudley and LaceyMay’s Haberdashery
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data has been collected about you, from where it is obtained and why, and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of newsletters and email updates.
- Right to object to automated Processing – we do not carry out any automated Processing.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right to the help of a supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
Information automatically collected about you
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with products and services that you have requested, and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; otherwise interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law GDPR (EU) 2016/679 or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify and communicate with you;
- to provide you with an e-commerce service.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- we don’t currently, but we reserve the right to conduct questionnaires concerning customer satisfaction.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletter updates and special offers.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than ten years.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not tolerate spam; we will never send you unsolicited email nor will we sell, share or rent any part of your personal information with any third party unless required to do so by law or where in good faith we believe such action is necessary to comply with a legal process.
Our processing partners:
- Vivid Websites, Bournemouth, who is the designer of this website and maintains it on a regular basis; Sarah Austin at Vivid Websites has access to copies of emails and orders placed with this website.
- 365-Techies, Bournemouth, who hosts this website.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. All anti-virus programmes are checked regularly and backed up on a daily basis then kept safe.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as allowing you to navigate through our pages and products. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and address so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time you are purchasing from us; they will also remember any products you have placed on a Wishlist.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services. For this we use Google Analytics, whose software may also use Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Contact / Complaints
You have various rights as explained above, including the right to lodge a complain about the processing of your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Selina Dudley of LaceyMay’s in the first instance:
- Call 07715 905587 (8am-2pm, Monday-Friday)
- Write to us at:
114 Maclean Road
Bournemouth BH11 8ER
- Email [email protected]
If you are dissatisfied with the way your complaint has been handled you have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority:
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice.
Last modification was made 11th July 2018.